You may enter one of three pleas in Municipal Court: Guilty, No Contest, or Not Guilty.

Guilty - You admit that you committed the unlawful act and you have no excuse or defense for your act.

No Contest - You do not contest the charge(s) against you. This plea cannot be used against you in pending/future civil litigation resulting from your unlawful act.

Not Guilty - You deny any guilt of the offense and have a defense in your case. Upon entering this plea, you must request either a jury or a bench trial (trial before the Judge). Your case will be set for trial and you or your attorney will be notified by letter. You do not have to be represented by an attorney, but it is your responsibility to seek legal advice or services.  The Court is unable to provide legal advice.